While there is something to be said for possessing a strong sense of sticktoitiveness, knowing when to change courses is just as valuable a skill.
As Einstein stated, “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
Many of the most successful people in their fields started out doing something entirely different than what ultimately lead to their success.
The following people didn’t find their stride until well after they turned 30:
1. Sylvester Stallone – Deli Counter Attendant
2. Andrea Bocelli – Lawyer
3. Martha Stewart – Stockbroker
4. Mao Tse-Tung – Elementary School Principal
5. Julia Child – Government Spy
6. Rodney Dangerfield – Aluminum Sliding Salesman
7. Harrison Ford – Carpenter
Had they been afraid of quitting what wasn’t working, they never would have found their path to prosperity. You may feel that winners never quit, and quitters never win, but perhaps it’s time to redefine your definition of “quitting”.