1. Your privacy will be protected. We do not collect personally identifiable information (name and email address) about you on this site without your knowledge, and all such information is collected directly from you. You are not required to provide us with this information, but if you choose not to, you may not be able to participate in some of the activities on this site.
2. Personally Identifiable Information: If you choose to sign up for the lifetips service to gain additional functionality, we may ask you to provide the following information: name, email address, zip code, age, gender and country. We will NOT disclose, sell or exchange your personally identifiable information to or with anyone, without your specific permission, except when we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (1) comply with the law or legal process; (2) protect or defend the rights or property of lifetips or others; (3) enforce this Agreement; or (4) respond to claims that the contents of any communications violate the rights of others.
3. Aggregated User Information That Does Not Identify Any User Individually: We perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our members and visitors, to measure overall demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the lifetips domain and to analyze how and where to use our resources. We also use the aggregate data collected to inform our sponsors as to the number of people who have seen and "clicked" on their advertisement. In addition, lifetips may compile and disclose aggregate information about its users for promotional or other purposes. For example, we might want to disclose that a certain percentage of our users are located within a particular geographic area or fall within a particular age range.
4. Lifetips.com does not share member information with third parties without permission. During the registration process, members may grant permission for Lifetips.com to share contact information with third parties or sponsors. The option for granting this permission is clearly marked on the registration pages.
5. You will not be spammed. At Lifetips.com we do not endorse the practice of sending unsolicited commercial e-mail (spam). When you become a Lifetips.com member, you will receive Lifetips e-mails on the topics you have requested and an occasional update from our president, Byron White.
6. You can terminate your membership at any time. If you wish to unsubscribe, just log on to your MyLifetips account and click on the trash can for each newsletter you wish to unsubscribe from.
To request that we not share your personal information with third parties (in cases where you previously granted us permission to share such information - we do not share your personal information with third parties without your permission), you can call our office at 617-227-8800. The request will be honored as soon as we receive it, but does not affect any information which you provided to us and which we shared with third parties with your consent prior to our receipt of such request.
To request that we not share your personal information with sponsors (in cases where you previously granted us permission to share such information - we do not share your personal information with sponsors without your permission), you can call our office at 617-227-8800. The request will be honored as soon as we receive it, but does not affect any information which you provided to us and which we shared with sponsors with your consent prior to our receipt of such request.
To have all of your personal information removed from our database, you can call our office at 617-227-8800. At the current time, we are not able to offer users the direct ability to delete their personal information from our database, but we will be happy to delete such information after we receive a request to that effect.
We also use third party advertisements on lifetips.com to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
You can chose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact:
205 Portland St
Boston, MA 02114